Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 08:24:30 -0600
From:      Jeff Kreska <jeff_kreska@ftw.paging.mot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux compat problems

I have a problem while trying to run a linux binary, and need to know if there
is a way to fix it.

If I run a linux X program (ce) and set my display to the hostname I get an
error about unable to resolv address.  see below
% setenv DISPLAY wmg13:0
% ce .login
resolv+: "bind" is an invalid keyword
resolv+: "hosts" is an invalid keyword
TRANS(SocketINETConnect) () can't get address for wmg13
ce: cannot connect to X server wmg13:0 (Invalid argument)

If I use the IP everything works fine. see below
% setenv DISPLAY 180.20.96.245:0
% ce .login &
resolv+: "bind" is an invalid keyword
resolv+: "hosts" is an invalid keyword
%

Now the editor pops up on my display and all is well.

Is there a fix that will alow linux compat to work with DNS?
Does anyone know what the "TRANS(SocketINETConnect) () can't get address for
wmg13" error message means??

--
Thanks,
Jeff Kreska