Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:12:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Per Engelbrecht" <per@xterm.dk>
To:        <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need a mainboard recommendation

Hi Jens
Supermicro boards are no-nonsens, high quality, rocksteady and
(compared to Intel) reasonable in price.
The comparison with Intel is based on the fact, that supermicro produce
boards with Intel 7501, 7505 and the rest of Intel's chipset.
They have a big matrix for comparison on their site.
Even Intel use supermicro as an reference in benchmark/performance for
their chipset.
I/we use these boards with FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD as servers in a
hosting company.
I doubt that their workstation-boards should be anything but just as
good.

respectfully
/per
per@xterm.dk