Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2011 16:07:45 -0500
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>
Cc:        "'Teske, Devin'" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>, 'Alexander Best' <arundel@freebsd.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dialog(1) changed in RELENG_9 (was RE: [UPDATE] host-setup(1): a dialog(1)-based utility for configuring FreeBSD)

On 04/22/11 11:50, Devin Teske wrote:
> [...]

It's almost entirely compatible, but I apologize for the breakage you
experienced. The reasons it was replaced it were that it (a) has a
better libdialog API, (b) has a better license (LGPL instead of GPL),
(c) is maintained, and (d) supports 8-bit character sets. If there is
some specific feature you are interested in (--hline for instance), I'd
suggest writing to Thomas Dickey, the maintainer.
-Nathan