Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:20:46 -0600
From:      Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSDi Acquired by Embedded Computing Firm Wind River

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 09:03:58PM -0400, Andrew C. Hornback wrote:
> [...]

"Remark"? I'm sure that you meant, that you "blanched" when I ask the
*questions*! Note the 3 question marks above.

> 	As it turns out, the results were either dead even, or in favor of
> 	FreeBSD.  Now, I don't know about the rest of you all, but IBM
> 	Netfinity machines are pretty high class where I come from.  And the
> 	fact that FreeBSD either ran neck and neck, or flat out beat Linux
> 	says something to me... that we're on the right path here to create
> 	the best free server operating system out there.

Your results are *exactly* what I would have expected from the *Cadillac*
server OSs. However would it be fair to say that the results also speak
well of Linux -- first, for it's apparant capability as a server, and
second, from the fact that it can also perform reliably as a desktop
platform even with garbage hardware?
--
-duke

Calgary, Alberta, Canada