Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:02:36 +0000
From:      Jamie Jones <jamie@dyslexicfish.com>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TheRegister article on Hotmail

On 21 Nov 2002 16:26:08 +0000,
         anthony@freebie.atkielski.com <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
         wrote in newsgroup sol.lists.freebsd.advocacy:

> Conversely, though, converting from Windows to UNIX on the desktop is just
> as absurd as doing the opposite on the server, and the fact that many people
> try it anyway just proves that there are irrational and fanatical people on
> both sides of the fence.

You were doing well up until then.
For some it may not be suitable, but I'm currently sitting here with over 50
windows open on a FreeBSD X desktop, and its stable, and fast.

I only boot into windows for those apps that only work on windows, but
99% of the time I sit in the FreeBSD desktop, because I use my system SERIOUSLY.

Jamie