Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:29:26 +1030
From:      "Thyer, Matthew" <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        matt.thyer@gmail.com
Subject:   PR kern/119791: [nfs] UDP NFS mount of aliased IP addresses from a Solaris 10 NFS v4 server fail

UNCLASSIFIED

It would be good if we could first attack the issue of "sysctl -w
vfs.nfs.nfs_ip_paranoia=3D0 doesn't work even though mount_nfs -c does" as
then my FreeBSD clients could just set the sysctl and everything would
work.

With the situation as is, UDP NFS mounts have to be avoided which means
that the configuration of the AMD automounter needs fixing as it's
broken default configuration results in a UDP NFS mount request even
when it is clearly trying to attempt a TCP request (but that's for
another PR).

Even with AMD set properly to do TCP NFS mount requests, I am having
problems with AMD crashing so it would be really good to get UDP mounts
working again.

With the situation as is I have resorted to a permanent TCP NFS mount in
/etc/fstab which is not a good workaround.=20

 Matthew Thyer                                 Phone:  +61 8 8259 7249=20
 Science Corporate Information Systems         Fax:    +61 8 8259 5537=20
 Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Edinburgh=20
 PO Box 1500 EDINBURGH South Australia 5111=20

 IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence=20
 Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the=20
 CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are=20
 requested to contact the sender and delete the email.=20