Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 23:46:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Steve Leibel <stevel@bluetuna.com>, jjones2k@adelphia.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Statement & Question to the group.

Steve Leibel <stevel@bluetuna.com> types:
> You want to learn ALL of it?  Some of us have been at it for years

Some of us have been at it for decades - and that's not enough to
learn it all, because everyone out there is adding more, at a
sufficient rate that just keeping up is a stretch.

> and believe me nobody knows all of it.  Best way to start though is
> by buying a CD ROM -- either FreeBSD or (sorry for the heresy on this
> mailing list) one of the Linux variants.  Then install it on your
> computer and you're on your way.

The thread on man pages is relevant here - FreeBSD's man are noticably
better than Linux. If you want to learn it all, that's the place to
start.

Of course, if you really mean "all", you'll want to start with
FreeBSD. Then install Linux, Solaris, OpenBSD, NetBSD, SCO, and
whatever others are out there.

	<mike