Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:39:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      admin <admin@kesuki.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Is it possible for X11 to have dual mouse cursors?

Well, I have a two-button touchpad built-in my keyboard, however under X11
two buttons is insane.  I realize there are software workarounds including
emulate3buttons of X11 itself, however, I chose to purchase a 3-button
trackball, because it was a more tolerable solution.  Yet, I find myself
trying to use the touchpad even though I know it's not connected.  So, I
would rather connect both pointing devices and allow either to control the
cursor.  I have scoured deja.com, the freebsd website, and the xfree86.org
documentation, and I'm still at a loss how to get Two pointing devices
(one serial(with PS/2 converter) one PS/2 only) to operate the same mouse
cursor.  I've also seen PS/2 Y cables, which I assume are for laptops, not
putting two mice on the same device.  If anyone knows of any way to get
two pointing devices controlling the same cursor please enlighten me, and
I'd appreciate answers CCed to my mail, if possible.

Thank you,
Ryan M. Ryttie

--- Fortune of the Day:
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a
suitable application of high explosives.