Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:03:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Robert Kopp <kopp.robert@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VLC audio input

When I use VLC with a Webcam (/dev/video0) and a microphone (/dev/dsp), the=
 video is recorded, but it complains about the sound. According to the info=
 on the videolan Website, it is necessary to use VLC with the switch --inpu=
t-slave=3Doss:// to blend these streams, although it is not obvious how to =
do this. This seems like a common task, so perhaps someone else has already=
 done it.=0A=0AAnyhow, mpeg4ip (called with "mp4live") gets it right withou=
t configuration, and I have I have been using it for such tasks. But I get =
the impression that VLC is more configurable.=0A=0A =0ARobert "Tim" Kopp =
=0Ahttp://analytic.tripod.com/