Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 01:38:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wilson MacGyver <macgyver@cylatech.com>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   post breakin log

Hi guys,

My FreeBSD box get hacked about two days ago... yes yes, via the popper.
I reinstalled the system, but saved the log. I was looking through to
see what he has done. There is some stuff you may find interesting...

the log from history follows.

>From the log, it seem he is very knowledgeable about FreeBSD.
though I must admit, I don't get why he makes the /dev/sync.
also, I don't know what the deal with the bnc* stuff

He installed a backdoor on my system, and then attack a bunch
of systems while he was on. He even has a freebsd root kit. :)

any suggestion to prevent futher break in is apprecaited.
other than "not to run popper" anymore. (grin)

has anyone seen some of these programs he ran/install/compile
before?

Thanks,
Mac

----------------------