Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:40:56 -0500
From:      "Charles Ebert" <kd5ob@theshop.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
Subject:   PCMCIA modem card on portable.

I have a motorola montana 28.8 PCMCIA card in my portable.
I'd like to get the approriate software to use it with FREEBSD.

Is there a workaround for this problem?
I'm brand new to BSD so I haven't figured out where to find anything
yet.

Is there any assistance or ideas for me?

By the way Kevin,
     I solved my little WIN95 partition problem.  Also solved my slow
scandisk
     and defrag problems with WIN95.  When FIPS can't get past windows
cheating,
     that FDISK delete partition command seems to be the only answer for
it.

     Anyway, I'm back with only 200 megs for WIN95 now and 300 for
FREEBSD.
     I hope to get a work around for the PCMCIA problem.  Everything
else isn't
     tested but, I think it will work.  The CD rom drive, floppy, disk,
monitor,
     keyboard.  Haven't been able to test the track ball I have
connected to
     com1 yet.

Charlie