Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 16:22:33 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   graphics card recommendations...

Hello,

I'm configuring a new system for running FreeBSD. I have chosen
all its components, except the graphics card. My first choice
was the Matrox Millennium II 8 MB, but my local dealer says
that this card only exists for PCI; only the Millennium II 4MB
is available for AGP bus.

Now, I'm reconsidering my choice of graphics card, so I would be
very grateful for any recommendations. I know that there are
graphics adapters better than the Millennium II, but the Xfree86's
driver for this card has very good reputation. I'm searching
for a good card _very well_ supported by Xfree86.

Cheers,
-- JM
Jose M. Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del Pais Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electronica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-944647700 x2624
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139