Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 1999 05:20:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton@granch.ru>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/10690: Installation freezes after device selection, while  "probing".

The following reply was made to PR i386/10690; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton@granch.ru>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: i386/10690: Installation freezes after device selection, while
 "probing".
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 19:12:05 +0600

 LLazarte@mat.unb.br wrote:

 > After booting kern.flp and mfsroot.flp, selecting and configuring
 > devices, the system freezes while on the "blue screen", with the
 > message "probing ... this can take a while". It takes forever.

 Also. I see it when I install FreeBSD on some old computer (DX2-66,16M
 RAM, 540 HDD Maxtor, VESA Cirrus Logic Videocard). I probed 2.2.5, 2.2.6
 and 2.2.7 versions and all it freezed at this place. Install was
 happened only when I change HDD to 1Gb Western Digital. Network card was
 some old NE2000-compatible card with jumpers.

 --
      With Best Regards.
      Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Granch Ltd. lead engineer