Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 09:56:34 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Peter T Garner <root@mildewh.u-net.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   File transfer problems with zmodem during dial-in

Help!

I have a problem when trying to UPload files to ny FreeBSD 2.2.5 box
using zmodem (lrz).

One of the main reasons I run a 'BSD box is that I can dial in from
work and upload program files. I can dial in OK, log in and use the
vt220 terminal emulation to do practically anything. I usually
connect at 28800 every time. No problem.

If I then try to send files up the 'BSD box, I get lots of Zmodem
errors, and the file transfer fails. If I send a file FROM the 'BSD
box to my local machine, there is no problem.

Now the odd thing is that I can download huge files off the Internet
without trouble (admittedly not using Zmodem), and I can even boot
the PC into DOS and use a comms program to download huge files. I can
even get very high CPS if I use Minicom to receive files.

Now now I'm starting to suspect my diallin setup. What do I need to
set up in the way of parameters, and in particular, where do I put
the modem init string?

FWIW I'm using the standard getty..

I'd be very grateful for any info on this!

TIA .. Peter

E-Mail: Peter T Garner <root@mildewh.u-net.com>