Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:50:16 +0400
From:      Toxa <postfix@sendmail.ru>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror: Not all disks connected

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 09:30:18PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> If you created gmirror giving first smaller disk and then connecting bigger
> one it should be ok. If disk which you want to insert is smaller than
> already existing components, gmirror should return an error, so this is
> probably not the case.

Well, as you can see, the disk I inserted was *a little* smaller, in
fact, it should be equal size of the first one, and gmirror accepted it
into gm0 *without any error*. But after final reboot it refused to attach it.
Changing disk order (creating new gm1 on smaller disk, then attaching
a bigger disk to gm1) solved this problem. So maybe this is a weird
bug...