Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 1997 17:20:00 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making a release...

Thanks to all of you who have replied to my plea for help so far.  Jordan
was the first to point out to me that I actually needed a local CVS
repository, and yet another person pointed out that I needed cvsup to
get it (which I do have).  After I spent a while reading cvsup's manual
page I found out all I had to do was remove the "tag" lines out of my
cvsupfile to put it in CVS mode as opposed to CHECKOUT mode.  The
repository is building up as I type, and hopefully I'll be able to test
this out tonight.  Thanks again. :-)

By the way, ports-all and doc-all still have a tag of ".", can I remove
this tag, or should it stay? (I vaguely remember hearing that something
bad might happen if they got removed.)

--- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@tri-lakes.net