Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 02:40:39 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install bug for big minor numbers

On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, Peter Dufault wrote:

> How is /dev being created, Jordan?  MAKEDEV will do it properly.
> Are all the slices coming out OK?  They use those bits too.

    The /dev entries *are* being extracted out of the bindist (perhaps
over top of whatever MAKEDEV had created), but the minor numbers for
disk slices are low enough not to be affected (so it seems).
Otherwise, I imagine that mount(8) would complain about an invalid
device when trying to bring up your filesystems.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org