Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:30:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Dunbar <chris@dunbar.net>
To:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Slow performance with Intel X540-T2 10Gb NIC

Hello again,

I have good news and bad news:

The bad news first: I am an idiot and I have wasted some of your time for which I apologize.

The good news: Testing now between two FreeBSD 10.3 systems, I am achieving blistering speeds with iperf3. I apparently fell into the trap of assuming the new thing (FreeBSD is new to me) was broken. Now I see that I was assuming Windows was working fine and focusing all my attention on FreeBSD. Looking back over everything I have done to troubleshoot this situation I must conclude that the performance issue was on the Windows side and not the FreeBSD side. I am less concerned about that because my ultimate goal is to install my three X540s into one FreeBSD server and two VMware ESXi hosts. I am now fairly confident performance will be great.

Many thanks for your collective attention and the suggestions I received from Eric and others.

Regards,
Chris