Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:51:17 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WaveLan, PAO & PCMIA Card Adapter

Ken Kyler <ken@kyler.com> probably said:
> Turbo 11 pcmcia card.  I'm using the WaveLan PCI PC Card to PCI bus adapter.

I don't know if the pcmcia controller on that card is supported by PAO.
You might need a different pcmcia bridge.

> Using the PAO kern and mfsroot floppies (version 3.4-RELEASE), I installed
> FreeBSD via ftp using the NIC connected to my DSL line.  So far so good.
> The bad news is the system does not recognize the WaveLan card.  The card's
> LEDs aren't lit either.

Is the pcmcia controller recognised ?
Do you get an insertion event ?
Does plugging any other card into the controller produce anything ?

> Has anyone setup a network like this that could offer some help?

Yes, but not with the wavelan PCI controller.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu