Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 23:32:06 +1300
From:      David Preece <davep@afterswish.com>
To:        "Katya.Hazelden" <Katya.Hazelden@ic24.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD ROM

At 08:44 11/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
>I've got a problem with my CD ROM. The drawer keeps sliding open every
>time I try to put a CD into it, it just won't stay shut. Have you got any
>ideas?

I have one CD ROM that used to do the same thing some of the time. Then
more often. Now, nearly 100% of the time. Under Windows it merely fails to
mount the disk. The drive now has "F**KED" written across it in indelible
felt tip, I have yet to work out why I've not thrown it away.

Borrow another drive.

Dave :)