Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:43:56 +0100 (BST)
From:      EMANUELE COSTA <e.costa@lancaster.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with 2.2.1 release

Hi,
	I've just downloaded the 2.2.1 release of freebsd and I've got a
big problem!
	Whenever I try to use the boot disk it happens that while
expanding or decompressing the kernel a "bad crc error" occurs and
consequently the system crashes, ( it needs a cold reboot!).
	I tried the disk on different computers and it worked fine, so I
decided to test all the various version and what I get is:

1) 2.1.7 can boot, ( no errors)
2) 2.2.1 error
3) 2.2.2 error

so it seems that the kernel from version 2.2.1 is incompatible with my
computer!
I've bought my computer six mounth ago and it has the following
characteristics:

1) acer pentium 133 mhz
2) 16 mg ram
3) pci bus type