Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 1995 18:59:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      Remy.Card@masi.ibp.fr (Remy CARD)
To:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, davidg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: these damn signals 10 and 11

> What does it mean when the kernel starts killing proceses
> with signals 10 and 11? The system is not out of memory or swapsapce.
> The system is a 486 66MHz that is runnng 2.0R. Any known problems in
> the vm area?

	Well, I have these problems too: since I upgraded from 1.1.5.1 to
2.0 (ALPHA, then RELEASE, then current), some programs get these signals
(especially the C compiler), corruption occurs in memory, and I get
sometimes kernel message telling ``Null pmap (cb) at va: 0x0''.  Rebooting
usually fixes the problem for a while.

	I also have a 486DX2 processor, with 16MB RAM.  For the record, Linux
and NetBSD 1.0 run perfectly well on the same machine.

> -Guido

		Remy