Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 16:46:15 +0000 ()
From:      Bill Beavers <bbeavers@Moonraker.afsc.k12.ar.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   modems connections

I need some advice.  I recently had to switch from a pci cyclades card to
a isa cyclades card to try to prevent random server crashing.  I got the
device compiled into and recognized by my kernel, I unpatched (I think)
the pci drivers, but I cannot get ANY of my connections to work.  When I
dial up, it just hangs at a blank white screen (windows 95 dialup).  I am
not getting any conversation with the server going.  What I need to know
is, can I reinstall any certain portion of the getty stuff, or the pppd
stuff or whatever to try to get my MAKEDEV to make the proper devices so
this will work?  I think what has happened is that some things were
patched by the PCI version that are not getting put back to right,
therefore the cyclades is not talking to the server and getting the getty
running.  I could try putting back the pci cyclades but I don't see how
that will help me.  I just have no idea what files, directories, etc.,
are tapped in this process, so I probably need to somehow put back some
original files to make this work.  I sure would appreciate any help
anyone can offer in this area.  This is really starting to get me down.

. Bill Beavers, Technology Coordinator .
. Arch Ford Education Coop             .
. bbeavers@moonraker.afsc.k12.ar.us    .
. http://moonraker.afsc.k12.ar.us      .