Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:10:49 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        mark@intervista.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape.

On Sun, Jul 27, 1997 at 12:31:39PM -0000, mark@intervista.net wrote:
> hello everyone.i am having a little problem with netscape.when
> i run it i get a LOT of errors.netscape says the errors are due
> to a missing XKeysymDB file.and it says to set the environment
> to point to the XKeysymDB file that was included in the netscape
> distribution.could someone please tell me how i would do this?
> id really appreciate any help.

Copy XKeysymDB to /usr/X11R6/lib and add the following line to your
.profile or .bash_profile or whatever

    export XKEYSYMDB=/usr/X11R6/lib/XKeysymDB

also move the nls directory that came with netscape to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls and add the following to your .profile

    export XNLSPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls

That should take care of any key binding errors

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.1
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses