Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 03:40:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      FUJIMOTO Kou <fujimoto@j.dendai.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/43549: compiling gcc31 fails/crashes system with  CPUTYPE=athlon

The following reply was made to PR ports/43549; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: FUJIMOTO Kou <fujimoto@j.dendai.ac.jp>
To: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: ports/43549: compiling gcc31 fails/crashes system with
 CPUTYPE=athlon
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 19:38:51 +0900

 Kris Kennaway wrote:

 > On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 05:10:44PM +0900, FUJIMOTO Kou wrote:
 >
 > > Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
 >
 > This is often caused by bad hardware (e.g. bad RAM, inadequate CPU
 > cooling, etc), which is triggered by system load.  Can you try
 > replacing RAM, etc?

 Hmm, I've heard that A7M266D (my M/B) is reported to have
 an compatibility issue with unbuffered DIMM.
 I don't have the other RAM to be replaced, but I tried to
 move a DIMM to another slot. It causes quicker panic ;-<

 So the problem must be system-dependent. I will try
 some solution for thermal problem, or buy a registered DIMM.
 Anyway, the PR should be closed...

 --
 FUJIMOTO Kou, Tokyo Denki University