Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:18:54 +0100
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <q@galgenberg.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hostb(4) and vgapci(4) patch

--LTeJQqWS0MN7I/qa

John Baldwin wrote:
> I have a patch that is an attempt to untangle a few things in relation to=
=20
> Host-PCI bridges and VGA PCI devices.  Basically, the change is to create=
 a=20
> more "real" hostb driver as well as a new vgapci driver and to change agp=
,=20
> drm, and acpi_video to attach to these drivers.  This means among other=
=20
> things:
>=20
> - You can now use acpi_video with drm as both attach as children of vgapc=
i0.
>=20
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/agp_cvs.patch

Hi,

I'm eager to try this patch on RELENG_6 with a Radeon Mobility card,
however the patch wont compile on RELENG_6. Could you please provide a
diff against RELENG_6? That would be great, thanks!

/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c: In function `pci_find_extcap_method':
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c:509: error: `PCIR_CAP_PTR_2' undeclared (first u=
se in this function)
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c:509: error: (Each undeclared identifier is repor=
ted only once
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c:509: error: for each function it appears in.)

Ulrich Spoerlein
--=20
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44
Ok, which part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
didn't you understand?

--LTeJQqWS0MN7I/qa

--LTeJQqWS0MN7I/qa--