Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:11:00 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22J=E4ckel=2C_Joachim=2C_MDV=2DKA=22?= <Joachim.Jaeckel@IT-Mannesmann.de>
To:        "'FreeBSD'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ELF-Style C-libraries ?

Hello.

I+m a little bit confused about the style of the FreeBSD C-libraries. I
asked for a Motif-Port for FreeBSD and a company told me that they have
the 2.0 Motif Port in ELF-Format for FreeBSD. It was completely new for
me, that FreeBSD support the ELF-Style at the moment. (Because I+ve only
some experience with UNIX as an ordinary user and a little bit through
using Linux at home in the past.) I use FreeBSD Version 2.6.1 at the
moment. Does this version already support the ELF-Style or do I have to
upgrade to a new Compiler- and/or OS-Version?

Thanks in advance.
Joachim Jaeckel
(Joachim.Jaeckel@it-mannesmann.de)