Date:      Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:30:09 +0100
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lars@koellers.net>
To:        dwhite@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPMI

--------

Dear Doug,

I wish you a happy new year. I'm an old FreeBSD user and we have =

several rack mounted servers (Fujitsu Siemens) in our university =

computing center for mail virus scanning, www caching, etc.

All these boards support IPMI, and it would be nice to have an FreeBSD =

interface/user tools for it.

I notice that you have started to work on it, but it stopped since Aug. =

2002.

Are there any plans to integrate this in 5.X releases?

For enterprise usage of FreeBSD I think it is really important to have =

such an interface working for better management.

Best regards

Lars

-- =

Lars K=F6ller