Date:      Mon, 01 Jan 1996 14:55:11 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        gt4722a@prism.gatech.edu (Brian "AGENT GORDON COLE" Atkins)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 16bit/44khz/GUSMax playback problem

Hi,

>You've got to be kidding! There isn't some kind of sound playing program
>out there that can do this for me? What are you guys using with Netscape
>for instance to play WAVs?

check out sox:

/FreeBSD/ports/audio/sox

>From the sox man page:

         Currently,  raw (no header) binary
       and textual data, IRCAM Sound Files, Sound Blaster,  SPARC
       .AU  (w/header),  Mac  HCOM,  PC/DOS  .SOU,  Sndtool,  and
       Sounder, NeXT .SND, Windows  3.1  RIFF/WAV,  Turtle  Beach
       .SMP,  CD-R,  and Apple/SGI AIFF and 8SVX formats are sup-
       ported.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD