Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 00:36:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@argus.tfs.net>
To:        stesin@gu.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SVR4.2MP source code has become available recently?

In reply:
> Dear FreeBSD hackers,
>
> I've hear rumors that the source code for SCO UnixWare 2.1.x
> is now available from SCO for $500 for educational
> institutions.
>
> Isn't this interesting as a reference?  How do you think?

well, it's nice to know how they are doing things, but we do have to
keep things legal...

i'm sure if this is the case, then the license will not allow the
sources to be used in any other operating system, and can cause severe
legal headaches for those who do.

no more net-[12]...

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or