Date:      Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:14:41 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:

>> > You're not held hostage to their choices.  Feel free to subscribe
>> > to other lists as well.
>>
>> So I can return to a hostage state? No thanks.
>
> I fail to see how this returns you to a hostage state

That's because -you- are not -me-.

>> > The same good it was when you *could* brag: it is a means of
>> > getting from point A to point B.
>>
>> Not exactly the same good, you miss the fun in bragging.
>
> A: "I have a new beamer!"
> B: "I don't care."

No no, you don't brag to someone who responds this way. It goes
more like:

A: "I have a new beamer."
B: (sexy female voice) "Really??? Oooh sounds exciting."
A: "It goes 0-60 in 5.9!"
B: "Like, oh my god!"
A: "It has bucket seats with built in butt-warmers!"
B: "Oooh, can I go for a ride with you?"
A: "Sure, baby".

(A&B go to some expensive motel, and you can figure out the rest.)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Wisdom (n.) - 1. Something you can learn without knowing it.