Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:33:33 +0200
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdchat@aeon.st>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   software raid and boot

hello,

some time ago (could be a long time ago too) i remember reading from
either current or hackers why exactly software raid is not that
good of an idea as a boot-media. (could've been terry explaining this)

anyone care to re-explain this, or correct me in case i remember
incorrectly. i tried to find what was said, but i wasnt successfull.

(i decided this is mostly chat-level thing, even tho i am truly
 interested from a technical view point)

is it possible to even do it with vinum, at some point it wasnt.

thanks.

mickey

ps. yes, i have an argument about this issue with some of my friends
    who are hard-core linux people...