Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 16:03:25 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <fbsd@clem.systemsix.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        James Robinson <james@hermes.cybernetics.net>
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

Hello,

> > Are you using X11R5?
> >
> Yep -- I'm mostly running XFree 2.1.1. I've got those shared libs as well
> as the 3.1.1 libs installed (the netrek client wanted 'em), talking to the
> 2.1.1 S3 server.
then I don't know.... recapping I built and ran it on:

	stock freeBSD-1.1.5.1
	X11R6, patch level 5
	XFree86, patch level 3.1
	SWiM motif 1.2.3, statically linked

> Accellerated X server should be in the mail (it's R5 based as well, isn't
> it?).
yes, i believe so

> I've got a Mosaic binary already (not sure as to the version -- had it
pull down the help menu in upper right corner, it will have a
"on version 2.x" selection

> for a *while*, though). What would 2.5 buy me? HTML 3.0 extensions
> in a politically correct fashon :-) ?
no idea, I was unaware of it till someone in the group asked me to
port it.

if anyone else DOES get this to run on 1.1.5.1, let me know!
if nobody does soon, I'll pull it.

						Steve Passe
						smp@clem.systemsix.com