Date:      Fri, 17 May 2019 21:24:04 +0200
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: android phone backup NOT to google cloud question

On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:01:52 +0000, Carmel NY wrote:
>However, the rest of us who do not go about with tin foil covering our
>heads, will go on with our lives content that our phones are not filled
>with child pornography or covert plans to overthrow the government.

C'mon! A few minutes ago I bought a salad wrapped in plastic, but I
don't wrap my long hair with aluminium foil. I could live for more then
half a century without a credit card. This year I was forced to get
one, since Apple does not accept bank cards, PayPayl, cash or any other
method of payment, but a credit card, for a service I need. Data
mining is suspect, especially in combination with pitfalls such as the
need of a credit card. To question things is not the same as idiocy. We
could use Android, Apple and Co., we need to get something to eat and
at the same time we could question shady practices. I don't worry
unwanted porn or unwanted plans on my machines. How should it get there?
I dislike to be forced to accept data mining, to use suitable
technology.