Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 19:19:05 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>, Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

On Sun,  1 March 1998 at 22:55:16 -0800, Annelise Anderson wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Sue Blake wrote:
>

> I don't know if the mailing list is a good idea or not.  I do not
> think you can expect the talent that informs freebsd=questions to
> read another mailing list.

I don't think that was the intention.  The way I understand it, Sue is
targetting the people who are somewhat daunted by the level of
-questions, and who either lurk or just plain give up because they
can't understand what's going on.  Consider -questions the school and
-newbies the kindergarten.

> Greg Lehey seems to think it should be blessed by freebsd.org et.al.
> However, I'd be willing to host the mailing list on my computer if
> someone else wants to run the mailing list, i.e., handle the subscribe/
> unsubscribe/bounce messages.  (That person would be its owner.)  I haven't
> done this--I have one mailing list that I handle directly--but I think
> I could figure it out.

I think things like this work much better if they're handled in a
uniform manner.  I don't think that anybody would begrudge the CPU
power it takes to run a list like this, and a "private" list is more
likely to be overlooked.

Greg