Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 12:41:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems after PAO -> 2.2.5 stable

> > Right now assigning an IRQ to a device == claiming it's an ISA device.
> >

> Why?

Because that's the way config works now. :(

> > > Anyway, we could introduce an option so at least we can do both ;-)
> >
> > Options are evil. :)
>
> Bugs are worse.

*CORRECT* solutions solve both.  Kludges are worse than bugs when they
'fix' the problem but introduce new bugs.  Fixing a bug on one machine
but introducing a different one on another machine is worse (by breaking
things on their box, by requiring them to do something special or making
them work harder than they have to).

Nate