Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:11:57 +0200
From:      Michael O Shea <micheal@com4u.ch>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I-Mail on NT equivalent for FreeBSD?

>  > qmail, ezmlm, vchkpw, qmailadmin, courier-imap, and some other little
>>  bits can build something that rivals CommuniGatePro.  I tend to do the
>>  ezmlm stuff with ezmlm-web though (that may be because I had a little to
>>  do with testing and developing it).
>>
>>  For the ssl stuff, I put sendmail-tls in front of qmail for tls over
>>  smtp, and stunnel for smtps.  There's also a tls patch for qmail around
>>  somewhere to do it internally, and for sending smtps.  Courier-IMAP
>>  supports TLS now, and you can put a stunnel in front of qmail-pop3d for
>>  pop3s.
>>
>>  The stuff isn't perfectly there yet (at least not three or four months
>>  ago when I looked at it), but it's definitely something you can hack on
>>  for a short time and get it to behave exactly the way you want.
>
>The question is, how much time do you need to setup and maintain this?
>
>We run both CommuniGatePro and postfix here (for somewhat different
>purposes), and are happy with both. We concluded that CommuniGatePro was
>worth it, even if it's definitely not free.

Ditto here. CommunigatePro costs but you get what we pay for. I can
let admin staff here admin accounts,mailing lists and so in In
CommuniGate Pro and I do not have to worry about it.
It was extensively benchmarked at
http://www.networkcomputing.com/1117/1117f1.html and it left the
competition dead in the water.
--