Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:20:47 -0800
From:      Graham North <northg@shaw.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best release for IBM laptop R51

--=======AVGMAIL-43D2A5B05440=======

I am planning to load FreeBSD as a dual boot on new IBM laptop.
The model is an R51 which comes with:
Radeon 7500 - video
Intel Pro/1000 NT Mobile
Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG
Integrated Audio
Intel 82802 UltraATA
Can anyone tell me whether the above hardware is all supported and
stable in FreeBSD.

Currently, my last install of FreeBSD was 4.11 about a year ago on an
older IBM desktop and as a simple, low volume server.
I am a bit confused now with 6 as I read on the website that 6-stable is
not really stable..??..?? who though that one up??
Should I therefore download 6.0-Release and then just cvsup and rebuild??
Is this a better option than using 5.4 at this point?
Thanks for your help.

--
Kindness can be infectious - try it.

Graham North