Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:18:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Geom RAID root report.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, David Gilbert wrote:

> Gmirror on the fix-it CD appears to be impotent.  It appears to have
> only 'help', 'list', 'load' and 'unload' as commands.  Not useful.

If you manually load the geom_mirror.ko kernel module it probably gets
useful. Someone pointed out that there's a hardwired path in there
somewhere so "load" will fail, but if you load the module manually then
the commands become available.  I'll have to test it.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org