Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:28:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Martin Renters <martin@tdc.on.ca>
To:        rmallory@sunbeam.csusb.edu (Rob Mallory)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3com 3c589b pcmcia support?

>  Is Poul still the laptop-God?  I just got a toshiba420cds, and am
> looking to get the etherlink-III/pcmcia , and also this megaheartz
> modem card running also..
>
> Is anyone working on getting support for the 3c589b pcmcia card?

Don't know about the Megahertz modem, but my 3c589c works fine with
the PAO code.  The system says that it is using the TP connector
when it notices the card, but I found I had to put the

	ifconfig ep0 192.1.2.3 -link0 -link1 link2    for TP
and     ifconfig ep0 192.1.2.3 -link0 link1 -link2    for BNC

You may also have to play with the IRQ settings in /etc/pccard.conf.
I disabled the Infrared Port on my Toshiba to save an IRQ line.

Martin