Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:54:13 +0100
From:      Thomas Seidmann <tseidmann@simultan.ch>
To:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 in -current

John Hay wrote:
> (and using) the KAME stuff the last few weeks and am quite impressed
> with it. One of the advantages (for me) about the KAME stack is that we
> also get their IPSEC stuff, while with INRIA being in France, it makes
> things a little more complicated. It does mean that we will probably
> have to decide beforehand how we will deal with the crypto code. Maybe
> somehow seperate it and make it available from internat.freebas.org for
> the nonUSA people, like the rest of the FreeBSD crypto code?

INRIA's IPSEC code is IMHO a no-brainer. In the last distribution,
complete AH has been added, since this can be exported from France. The
ESP stuff cannot be, however, but it take only to copy 4-5 files with
the missing code and adding a couple of options in the kernel config
file (I do have these files, ehce theyt could be stored for instance at
internat.freebas.org).

> I know the last IPv6 discussion ended with the idea that the different
> IPv6 groups should "get together" and figure out what should go into
> FreeBSD and where it should go into FreeBSD, but I'm not sure that
> anything happened after that? Or was it just behind the scenes?

I'm intereseted in this, too.

> John
> --
> John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za