Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 13:54:21 -0400
From:      Paul.Broome@firstdata.com
To:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        FreeBSD-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, broome@acm.org
Subject:   CMD CRD-5500 raid controller not recognized by 3.4 release

I've run FreeBSD since 2.1.5 (~1995) and rarely have needed help but this time
I've run out of things to try.  Maybe I need a SCSI quirks table entry added to
sys/cam/cam_xpt.c?  If so, how would that look.  Many thanks.

The problem is that the CRD-5500 controller can be found by the Adaptec 2940
configuration setup but not by FreeBSD.  I thought the 5500 would have been
recognize as just another SCSI disk.   The green lights for the channels on the
5500 flash when it boots but nothing is shown on the display or via the serial
link.

I read all I could find at http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/raid/

I have tried some things that I thought were relevant, such as  "allow
disconnects" in the 2940 and
  compile a kernel with 'device pass0'.

Thank you kindly for any pointers.

Paul Broome