Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:32:53 +0200
From:      Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Rudolf Cejka <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>, Adi Pircalabu <apircalabu@bitdefender.com>, kan@freebsd.org, Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>, Marcus Alves Grando <mnag@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
Subject:   Re: Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 03:26:21PM +0900, Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:
> Hi,

> cejkar> I'm not sure, if it is a related problem, but when I unsuccessfully
> cejkar> tried to make it work on -current, where another problem with versioning
> cejkar> does exist, I have found that there is one problem with /etc/libmap.conf,
> cejkar> which makes it seriously "broken": All already loaded shared libs are
> cejkar> impossible to remap later. This means that when mozilla is started in
> cejkar> 6-stable, it loads our native /lib/libc.so.6, and then there is no chance
> cejkar> to remap libc.so.6 for Linux's libflashplayer.so later, needed by
>
> cejkar> [/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so]
> cejkar> libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash7.so
>
> cejkar> because rtld thinks, that libc.so.6 for libflashplayer.so is already
> cejkar> loaded. Does anybody know, if it is ever possible to fix it?
>
> You can see the following lines in www/linuxpluginwrapper/Makefile:
>
> 	.if		 ${OSVERSION} >= 700009
> 	IGNORE=		doesn't support ELF symbol versioning, yet.
> 	.endif

I think this is a reply to Marcus Alves Grando mail saying that its not
possible to include the symbol in the library. As Cejka suggests our libmap
implementation wont let you overload already loaded libraries. And because
now 7-c (6-stable as well) uses the same libc version (.so.6) we're in trouble.

roman