Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:28:34 -0700
From:      Erick Mechler <emechler@sendmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   de problems

Howdy.

I'm having some troubles with the Digital 21143 Fast Ethernet cards I have.
They're 4-port cards, and I have four of them (all total, I have de0
through de11).  Here's the output of "ifconfig de9":

de9: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 10.210.100.93 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.210.100.255
        ether 00:c0:95:e0:4a:a9
        media: autoselect (10baseT/UTP) status: active
        supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX
10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP

Based on this, it appears that I can run these cards at 100baseTX
full-duplex.  However, the autosense on bootup assigns (as you can see
above) 10baseT/UTP to the cards.

I have tried manually setting the media to 100baseTX full-duplex, but it
doesn't fully work.  After setting de9 to 100baseTX full-duplex I'm able to
ping the IP assigned to de9, but I can't reach any other machines on the
de9 network.

My question to the list is whether or not anybody has gotten these cards to
work on 100MB.  I'm running 3.5-STABLE as of 16 Aug.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Erick