Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:15:07 +0300
From:      "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   10/100 FastEthernet switches - what to select? (OT)

Hi!

We are going to buy 2 or three small switches for our
small LAN (now about 20 machines, all 10 Mbps).

Looking for what is availiable here (in Moscow),
I tend to select from the following models of
8-port switches:

Allied Telesyn     ATI FS-708        90-120$
SMC                EZ-108DT          90-160$
                   EZ-108FDT           ~160$
Netgear            FS-108           115-180$
CNet               CNSH-800-X       100-120$

There are also some Intel switches, but all
availiable seem to be out of production.

We had good experience with Allied products,
but if you have comments/ideas on what model
to choose - your input will be greately appreciated!

Igor B. Bykhalo
BINEPCP RAS, Chernogolovka

P.S. I also see some Surecom and Prime switches, but
don't now ... can they be compared with mentioned models?