Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:20:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Khaled Daham <khaled@w-arts.com>
To:        Robert Bailey <rbailey@indiana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X on alpha 4.1-RELEASE

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Robert Bailey wrote:

> I've been using RedHat Linux on my alpha 164LX machine and wanted to play
> with FreeBSD for the alpha.  I installed 4.1-RELEASE via ftp and all seems
> well except that when I switch to X Window, none of the window managers
> seem to behave correctly.  Specifically, dialog boxes appear, but I can't
> see any of the dialogs or buttons.  Xterm works, but none of the widgets
> look right and the docked apps are just black squares.  Anyone have an
> idea what I have done wrong?  Sorry if this is not an appropriate
> question for this list.  If it's not appropriate here, please let me know
> where would be better.  I figured the freebsd-questions list seemed to be
> intel-centric.

I have succesfully used matrox millenium I/II, G200, S3 Virge Trio3D,
diamond FireGL 1000 pro with windowmanagers like windowmaker,
enlightenment and fvwm2 so the only basic thing I can think of ( since
Ive had 0 problem ) is what depth resolution are you using ? ( xwininfo
could help )

/Khaled Daham, w.arts
Mail:    khaled@w-arts.com
Cell:    +46-70-6785492, +966-54491462