Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 00:23:46 -0600
From:      "Lane Holcombe" <lanehol@bellsouth.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   There is no beginning or end with freeBSD ...

Hi.  I'm trying to install FreeBSD via ftp over a PCI Modem or a USB Modem.
I have both and they work "magically" under Windows.

But there doesn't seem to be a place where I can find out how to configure
these devices BEFORE installing FreeBSD.

Know what I mean?  I can't install via FTP because my modem isn't properly
configured, but I can't configure it until ....

I've searched the man pages but those all seem to be discreet pieces of
information about one particular topic.  I can find USB but I can't find
modem, and so forth.

Please advise.