Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 11:04:26 -0400
From:      Aaron Jeremias Luz <aaron@csh.rit.edu>
To:        Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone still using GUS MAX's?

On Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 10:31:58AM -0400, ADRIAN Filipi-Martin wrote:

> >  > 	I am a little concearned that my cards probe as UltraSound's
> >  > instead of MAX's.  Could you send me your kernel config entry?
> >
> > options         NOGUSPNP
> > controller      snd0
> > device          gus0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 11 drq 6 vector gusintr
>
> 	Still no go.  Has anyone been using the MAX under 2.2.6 instead of
> -current?  I think I may just throw in a SB16 for the next few months.

If you want to use the GUS MAX as an audio device and are not
concerned about its wavetable capabilities, you could link /dev/dsp
to dsp1 (the onboard CS4231) instead of dsp0 (the GF1).  I use the
ported Voxware drivers under 2.2.5R this way without any problems.

I really do miss wavetable MIDI and MOD support though.

Aaron