Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:45:12 -0700
From:      "Darren Pilgrim" <dmp@bitfreak.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to move a disk that's part of a vinum mirror?

On a machine running RELENG_4_8, I have two parititions, ad0s1d and
ad4s1e, configured as a mirror using vinum.  I need to move one of the
drives to another controller, resulting in ad4 changing to ad2.  I read
through the vinum man page, saw the move command, then read elsewhere
that vinum's internal naming is independent of the underlying disk
device name.  Can I just move the disk and have it work or will I need
to do adjust my vinum configuration?