Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:50:22 +0000
From:      "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@deepbone.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Eventtimers b0rking w/ math/atlas

--------------enigBBD88453504D60DE655A043C

While trying to build math/atlas on a FreeBSD/amd64 9.0-CURRENT r212411,
the kernel hangs at some point when math/atlas tries to run some tests
(presumably the ones to profile the code and optimise). The kernel
spouts messages about Starting event timers: LAPIC @ 1000Hz, HPET @
127Hz; then LAPIC @ 1000Hz, HPET @ 8128Hz (iirc), back, then back again.
After that, the system is no longer responsive, and eventually panic()s
because some spinlock has been held too long in the pmap TLB invalidate
code. Couldn't get a dump, because I had no dumpdev configured.

Anyone else see this problem? I'm trying to reproduce it by building
other ports (it has survived gcc44, gcc45, llvm and clang so far), but
only math/atlas seems to trigger it.

Cheers,
--=20
	Thomas E. Spanjaard